Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mini Cooper

So Meaghan and I went looking at horses on Friday. The first thing I saw come out of the barn? About 10 Jack Russell puppies and this one kept following me around. His name is mini-Cooper, and he's sound asleep after a morning romp around the farm.

And Meaghan got herself a horse. She and I go back about 10 years when I had my Thoroughbred. Rosie here is Meaghan's new ride, a georgeous 8 year old Percheron-Quarter cross mare. She's going to be at Sunny Hill in about two weeks! And she's a big girl--about 16.3 hands.
This is Meaghan on Rosie during the test ride. They look great together.


I should point out that I have a new laptop and can download photos again. I had a bunch of photos sitting on my camera of the silliness that goes with launching the team for a new year.

This photo below on the right is what my kitchen looked like as I was sorting clothing for the team.
The other photo is my living room on wheel build up day. Wheels, tubes and tires everywhere. I've got three more wheel sets to build up and these wheels are sew ups (involves gluing the tires). Argh...

So that's the scoop from Sunny Hill.

It's actually sunny and the despised glaciers are retreating. MiniCoop isin my lap, napping and I'm eating cookies, watching Paris Nice on tv (bike race) and thinking about taking my bike out for a spinny spin. talk to ya'll soon!
b

8 comments:

ScootsOnMoots said...

I'm not sure what's going to keep you busier - another horse or that Jack Russell. A visit is due so that I can help Mini work on his high jump technique.

becx said...

I need a vacation from the Jack Russell. he's killing me!

Mooneybat said...

But you'll never have to worry about rats on the farm as long as you own a Jack Russell Terrorist.

Rosie looks like a carriage horse I once knew who was also named Rosie. I knew one other pink horse (red roan) whose name was Mizz Mabeline.

becx said...

Ha! Terrorist...that's a perfect description. Mini Coop got a little lesson tonight: when one barks at the big white horse, the horse just might step on your wee little foot.
Coop is ok...and he was delightfully sober for an entire 30 minutes as he licked his paw. He was lucky and didn't get the entire weight of Oz's foot so I'm bettin' he'll be quite pleasant in the barn tomorrow. And yes, I got him for his ratting ability. Gabby doesn't "do" rats. She prefers larger vermin. LIke racoons (she got one last week, thank god. No more barking in the middle of the night at that critter). Pretty soon we'll be totally vermin free.

Mooneybat said...

Just beware! The skunks are awake and on the move. This morning on our run, Grover killed one (stealth attack from head on - no aroma) and got totally blasted by the second one as he chased it into the brush. That second one is alive and pissed off - ungood. Grover smells so bad this morning, my eyes were watering while he was still 100 yds off.

becx said...

Grooossss!!! Silly grover. Maybe at some point in our lives we could consider pets that don't want to kill things and/or don't poop 20 pounds of manure/day???

Naaa, what would we do with all that free time????

ScootsOnMoots said...

Maybe you'd have time to have coffee with Mitz so she'll stop fretting every time Joe Bob drives the tractor down the lane.

becx said...

Scotty, I think Mitzi will be jealous as long as I'm down the hill and she's breathing air.

In the meantime, I'm going 'bout my business. I got pastures to clear and a coop to clean and fences to build.

I recruited a pre-tend boyfriend to come around and clean up the pastures now and then. Just for looks sake on Saturdays. Just in case tho, I think I change my will to indicate if I die mysteriously...ask Mitzi about it.