Thursday, August 9, 2007

Pics of Week One


Ah yes...life on the prettiest farm in the world! So here are a few photos to chronicle the occasion.

Lisa ran up the sidewalk and hopped up and down.

Then it was my turn. I opened up the door and we had to take a photo of that seeing as it's exciting to open the door to the farm!!!


Here's me waving, like a big dork.


So then it was on to the really really exciting part; turning the key!!!



As you can see it was a nice day. A bit on the steamy side but
what would moving be if it wasn't really hot or really snowy?


Lisa managed to get her air mattress blown up and the dogs thought that was a good thing. Here she is, just before we turned out the lights. I enjoyed a pet free evening seeing as the furry friends all went for the low lying mattress.

And we had our first visitors! Lisa's parents, Erica and Manny drove up from St. Louis and brought a lovely fruit basket and about 5 bottles of wine which was happily consumed. Here's Erica, modeling one of the many hats on display in the living room wall.

And here is a great shot of Lisa with her parents. They had a nice time, even though their greeting was their daughter trying to make Gabby drop a skunk as they pulled in.

During the move we left the door open for oh, a few hours and a few hundred flies and moths dropped in.

Lisa's solution was fly strips. It looked like a party!!


And so it's been. We're moving on to the fences, sewer repair, and water-in-the barn phase!! stay tuned for that episode.
ciao,
becx

6 comments:

Lady Barbara said...

Great beginnings are ALL about being carried over the threshold, turning the key in the door for the first time, waving at the camera like a big dork and jumping up and down and such. A photo or two of these activities must be posted on the wall near the list-making and bill-paying station. Never forget this excitement, this optimism, and the joy you felt when everything was new and forward-looking. This farm fits you like a glove and it needs you. I cant wait for measurements and photos and sketches so I can help too. Wish I were there. I'd bring wine too, and gladly help you drink it. Talus and Cenere and all the team-tested favorites. Now let me, as an expert who moved 12 times in 14 years, tell you that Moves are tough! Even delicious, badly wanted, improvement moves. All your habits and automatic patterns are suddenly stripped away. You have to start searching for things that your left hand just KNEW for years was in the left-hand drawer without having to think about it. And every item you reach for that used to be part of an automatic process demands attention and creates some degree of angst. It is SO stressssffffuuuulll! Rest assured that in a couple of months your new habits will be in place and your conscious mind can relax a little and go back to focusing on more important things like fun or future opportunities. Sometimes it's hard to believe from among a jumble of packing boxes that the light really IS at the end of the tunnel - Just don't let those normal adjustments wear you out.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh you are the best. You are like yoda!!!
ILU,
xoxoxo

Mooneybat said...

When when when can I come over???? I promise not to be stressful and I will bring wine and I will give you a foot rub and walk the cats.

Lady Barbara said...

Yeah, yeah. I'm JUST exactly like Yoda. Only my ears are NOT long and pointed and sticking way out to the sides and my face isn't green and I'm taller and I'm no Jedi Master....... but if you're interested in The Force do I have stories to share with YOU! And when Sara comes over to walk the cats I would like to be there to share the wine. Darn! I am WAY too far far away.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Brian. Looking forward to your next post. Hope you find a good skunk remedy, because it can be hard for dogs to leave them alone.

Lady Barbara said...

How can anyone be "anonymous" and "Brian" at the same time? Aren't they mutually exclusive? Nice to see you here. Speaking of exclusive, I can hardly envision putting on the much discussed classy gentle-lady farm airs of languid afternoon teas and polo matches to wafting skunk stink. Surely, there MUST be a preventive solution - other than way-belated tomato juice and Chanel V. Beside dogs, what ARE skunks' natural predators, anyway? Do you need to import Wombats or Lynxes or something? ferrets are cute: I hear they're predators. Bears are predators too but they are decidedly NOT cute in your back yard. Walls might work. We had twelve-feet-high walls topped with broken bottle glass set in cement sharp-edge-up surrounding our houses in Colombia and Peru. Some days the sunshine would glint off the glass in the most attractive hues. Yeah, that might be pretty. And what an opportunity to paint murals! All you need is a few dozen cans of spray paint, a case of wine, and a gang of willing friends...no swear words allowed.
No- I guess we need some hard anti-skunk solutions and/or a new post, you guys. More pictures please! Especially barn interiors and house interiors. I SO wish I were there.