Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Best Blizzard Day Ever!

We had a blizzard this week--first one I've seen in 10 years of living in these parts. The alert went out at work around 1; "go home while you can." It would have been nice if the lot had been plowed but that's ok..the Mazda made it out. I had a stray with me--a guy named Josh who couldn't make it out of the lot. His parents lived in Columbus so I said I'd give him a lift. Good thing I did because the visibility was so bad that I was driving but he was pointing out where the road was. We had some hilarious moments.
Josh: "The road is to your right."
Me: "Ok"
Josh: "You're in the field"
me: "I am? I thought that was the road!"
Josh: "Just go to the left.."

Good thing he knew the roads well as we made it home. Another stray was following us and that was John. He knew he wouldn't make it the 40 miles home so I told him he could stay over. Lindsay was in the back seat checking to see if John was still behind us. He turned off at Muller road and we kept on into Columbus to drop off Josh. We got that done and turned for home. We did great until we turned onto Muller Road. There was snow in the middle of the road only I couldn't tell if it was a 2" or 2" drift I was heading for. Turned out to be the latter. I got stuck and the bummer was the road was clear(er) just ahead. Luckily, some guy in a 4x4 with a Packers coat stopped and yanked us out. I got up some speed and with a straight shot made it through the drift and to home.

Joe was already plowing and John was there, sans truck. He got stuck on the other end of Muller Road in a 4' drift. You know what that means...tractor time!! Joe fired up the Big One and John and I got on snowshoes and hooved it back to his car. The wind was fierce and reminded me of watching video of people on Everest. Anaway, we got the truck out of the drift and back to the house.

After all that fun Lindsay called for a Euchre tournament. So it was me and John v. Lindsay and Joe. I cooked up some calzones and drank a bunch of wine and got Euchered!

Best snow day ever. Even better, when Joe got in hot water for playing cards with us, Lindsay was in trouble too! Yaaa. I'm not alone!
cheerios,
b

4 comments:

Lady Barbara said...

Poor Mitzi!
Now there are TWO hussies right there down the hill goin' after her husband! What's a jealous old woman to DO?

Anonymous said...

Hee hee....I think I'll send Lindsay up the hill to borrow some sugar, just to see what happens. Wait, better not...might cause a mass-a-cree.

Lady Barbara said...

Noooooooooo! Send her up with a basket of cookies for teh whole family! That'll sure get it goin'!

Lady Barbara said...

Just noticed Josh's directions (above) again. Does this mean two lefts DO make a right?