Sunday, February 17, 2008

Knee Deep in S(*6T

Well well well. It's been a week or so since I've blogged and I'll blame that on the phenomena known as "getting ready to leave town."

The last two weeks have been a flurry of getting bikes built, chasing missing parts, building wheels and transporting said wheels, parts and bikes to the other end of Dane County for final assembly I was feeling good when I got all that done just in time to leave only to realize that in all the extra work I wasn't keeping tabs on other things. I noticed on Friday that I was low on stall bedding, dog food, cat food and chicken food. Merde.

But, it all had to be handled so I got it done. Given that I had things more-or-less under control I saddled up Oscar and went for an hour long road ride. (That's kind of like a road ride on a bike only on a horse). We headed west on Muller road which was snow covered but had sand on it so the footing was decent, just windy. On the way back we saw tractor tracks in a field and normally we ride in the fields but the snow is too deep these days--except where the tractors go.
It was Oscar's idea to go through it. The figured that the brown stuff on the top was dirt the tractor had kicked up. We were cruising through at a gallop when I realized that it wasn't dirt (duhhh); we were knee deep in shee-at. Oscar stumbled but recovered and I said: "This was your idea!"

Ever the humble horse he agreed (it WAS his idea) and we turned around and galloped out of the poo. We stopped at neighbor Diana's to say hi to the spotted dog that Oscar likes then came home. Twas an excellent ride.

I should be in Arizona right now but half of Wisconsin is under ice. It's hard for airplanes to fly in this kind of weather so instead of working with the team I'm baking bread and watching movies.

Oh, we're suppoed to get some snow later....ya don't say.

Hope it's warmer where you are...toodles.
b

2 comments:

Lady Barbara said...

Your book about your farm should be named The Snoopee Adventures - the combination of snow, poo and pee you seem to be reveling in these days.
I know that wasn't kind of me.
But when you've had enough - come on DOWN!

becx said...

weeeeeeee, I love poo!

Ahem. What would I do if I didn't shovel poop 2x day?

I think you are going to be up here befor eI get down there, but who knows. I miss you tons!