Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dogs

There's nothing better than dogs running amok at Sunny Hill. When Amy drives up and unloads, Gabby and Cooper are bouncing around her car, just waiting for Sydney and the newest addition, Fonzi, to fly or flop out of the car.

That cute lil feller Lady B is holding is Fonzi....Amy's new dog. He's a German shorthair and he's smart as heck. Fonzi came to the farm two weeks ago for his first romp in dog haven. He was smaller than Coop. Um, not any more. He's doubled in size in two weeks and Coop is back to being the shrimp. (make that a shrimp with attitude).

Isn't Lady B cute?? I miss her terribly. She's back in FL dealing with all the things one deals with when you are gone on a proper family visit. Granted, she worked her tail off all summer and what a masterpiece she made. Kudos and love you and I miss you a ton.

And to the right is Amy herself, holding her new hunting compadre. Amy and Jonathan are going grouse hunting this weekend. I'd go but my dogs would be darnright useless in that process. That and I can't shoot.

And lastly, here's Pete with the Mini Coop-Terrorist, lulling him to sleep with his, je ne sais quoi....
It's hard to tell from this photo but Coop
is asleep here. Pete used the Vulcan Mind Meld to calm him down.

I wonder if that would work on me?

Maybe it would work on neighbors with OCD??

Ahhh, who cares. I don't have time to spend that much energy on any foolish crap. Here's to living, full tilt all the time.
toodles,
b

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*ping!*
That's the sound of my glass ringing against yours as we toast to living full tilt all the time.

I hope you have a great weekend with lots of lovely time with the horses and your wonderful friends and dogs, lots of dogs.

If it makes you feel any better, my neighbors are compulsive hillbillies with chronic, advanced redneck disorder. Some of the younger children also suffer from slackjaw syndrome. I hope Ben doesn't catch it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the toast! Those crazy people are still hanging on at the bottom of the hill, eh? I wonder if other countries have their own version of an American redneck?

Speaking of redneck, a certain neighbor painted "Red Rock Drive" on his barn....oooohhhh so tempting. Just change two little letters et voila! Truth in advertising.

Anonymous said...

Omagosh, Becca!
Just because I broke a canine tooth the first days at your house I seem to have stopped smiling altogether!
No, I'm NOT "cute" I look dour in those shots. And I never once felt that way... Not with all the utter madness - and delight - of your farm....nutsy neighbor and all. Speaking of whom, I have changed all kinds of letters in what you say he painted on his barn and I just get all messed up. The best was "Bed Rocker Drive" But that's three letters and he'd probably consider it a compliment. You need to thank him for the razor fence with which he's just surrounded your property. You are safe from MOST Wisconsin predators now... Just put some juice to it without his knowing and eliminate the short stupid one. Please tell everyone I actually DO smile. And I'm a lot cuter when someone doesn't stick a camera in my face when I'm obviously painting (check those hands) and holding a puppy with muddy paws (check that fresh white shirt) and sharp teeth (The bruises are gone now).
But Becca, I miss you and your menagerie like CRAZY! Give "my" Willow an extra carrot for me. I miss her soft warm nuzzles and whinnies. (No, it was NOT all about the food!) And I even miss chasing Cooper trying to out-smart him for capture. My sweet Little Girl cant believe she has me all to herself and had taken to following me like a shadow. Can't wait for you to come down. No more ugly shots of Lady Barbara. Please! BIG smoochies.