Friday, September 12, 2008

Wha Happened to August?

Have I mentioned I dislike working at a certain company in August? Because said company has its own trade show that last for weeks and disrupts one's sleep, eating, exercise, and general living pattern?

Rather than be bitter about it I thought I'd do something more interesting, like call the deputies on my stalker/neighbor. You all know that story now and while it is quiet around here I don't trust that dude one bit.

Somewhere between the trade show, dem. convention, stalker-gate my kitchen remodel was winding up. It looks absolutely stunning....thank you, Lady B! We were taking photos of the kitchen yesterday and I took a photo of her taking a photo. We are sillllly. But she is proud of her work as am I.

This photo is of the area of the kitchen that used to have a useless counter and the refrigerator.


And the other photo is of the wall that used to have a useless cabinet. Most of the kitchen was just about useless.

And is there nothing sadder than an empty wine rack?? I'll be working on that as soon as I recover from August.

And Pete from New Hampshire made it to Wisco. He arrived yesterday and got to see Oscar and Willow in action, had dinner with Barbara and met all the


animals. Oscar and Will put on a good show of horse play and Cooper...well, he did his thing. Here's a photo of Cooper and Peter.

Cooper really likes Pete. The dog lays in his arms and sighs and falls asleep. How come when I try to hold him like this he gnaws on me??

Pete and I have managed to get some riding in, in between farm chores and fixing the rear tire on my car. The rain is holding off...barely...and I hope it stays nice for the weekend. More photos to follow..

8 comments:

Mooneybat said...

Hiya! The kitchen looks fantastic! I can't wait to see in person. I'm alarmed that it's been an all-summer project and I still haven't been out to see. Bad sister.
Coop is fonny.

Anonymous said...

Coop is creee-azy! He was uber obnoxious this morning but that's because there's no Pete or Barbara to draw off his attention. He got a hold of each of his winter booties and ran off with every single one. On a brighter note I cleaned the kitchen table to sell it and when I moved it I found the rest of the missing rubber duckies he'd taken out of the tub!

ScootsOnMoots said...

Wait a minute...that isn't the Saeco machine. It's an imposter!!!

Anonymous said...

That is too the Saeco...I abused it this morning!

PEST said...

Oh my is Cooper a character. He has a lot of energy, is a total devil and also incredibly affectionate. Lot's of fun.

Anonymous said...

Pete! I'm not sure what you did to Coopy but he's crazy now that you aren't here. He's most definitely a two person dog....one to feed him and another to teach him circus tricks.

PEST said...

That's funny. My sister's dog Lola interacts with me differently than everyone else. She greets everyone else warmly and affectionately which she does with me if its been awhile. Otherwise, she wags her tail, gets down on her front paws and growls just waiting for me to get down on the floor and play the big dog. After a few minutes if my folks are around my Mom is likely to stay, "stop it the two of you." When I am not around Lola is just her normal self. Cooper being the high energy little monster that he is perhaps changed for good, hee hee! :-) You can send him on a vacation to NH!

Anonymous said...

Peter, you do have a gift.
Saw it myself.