Friday, December 26, 2008

The Whoopie Pie Incident

Ever have a whoopie pie? It's some cookie like thing that got invented around the 1920s....it's a chocolate cakeish cookie with a marshmallow filling. Sister Neener made them for holidays and I got the recipe from her and she got it from some waiting room magazine. I'm sure the page with the recipe was already loose...

Anyway, I made the batter and added the bottle of red food color it called for. I went to rinse out the food color bottle and managed to splash red everywhere. By some miracle I didn't get any on my white fleece vest.

Like always I gave Cooper the bowl to pre-wash, not giving it one thought that when he cleans a bowl, HE CLEANS A BOWL! So anyway, I think the red will wash off his head in a day or two.

Oddly, I had a Poopie Pie incident this week too. I can only call a multi-tasking foul on myself for this one. I decided to plow a bit while filling the water tank in the barn. It sure is easy to pass the time on an ATV with a plow. Water+bedding+poop+3 minutes= Poopy pies. Big sloppy pools of poo.

Took me three loads with the trailer to clean out the barn and a looooong shower to rinse off the smell. Happy New year...if you come by I'll save you a whoopie pie.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What - no pictures?

becx said...

Once I put the fillings in the whoopie pies I'll add a pic.

Mooneybat said...

I lurves me some whoopie pies!

Bummer about flooding the barn. Don't you get enough water recreation with your front yard pond in the summertime??

At least we had some warmish weather so that you didn't make an indoor horse hockey rink!

Kat said...

Hey Becky,

It's Kathy from Cali. I have been trying to contact you. My Christmas card was returned and my e-mails to. What's up with you... Please after all these years I would hate to lose contact with you. I Love You friend...

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Kathleen! It's great to hear from you--and I changed email and here's my new one: becx6132@gmail.com. Please write me so I have your email!Happy New YEar, long time bfriend!

Brian Anderson said...

Oy, Whoopie Pie. Just one of those spoils your appetite for a *week*
They're delicious, but I beg you--no more!

Anonymous said...

How 'bout I modify them...make them healthier?? Say, with tofuitti cream cheese filling and such?? Woop woop!