Thursday, July 12, 2007

A pretty view


So while this photo isn't really of La Bella Vita, it's a lovely scene I rode by tonight on my way over to see Oscar. There's a small herd of cattle in the deepest grass ever and tonight the horses were hanging around the cattle as well. Yesterday when I went by the cattle were closer to the road and I was kicking myself for not having my camera. Something about the July light at 5pm, over a Wisconsin field of grass with cattle...so getting a photo was the sole purpose of bringing my bike to work today. I wanted this photo! And it's not good enough. Will try again tomorrow seeing as I left my car at work so I have to ride in. Tomorrow's ride will be capturing the morning light scenes. I prefer twilight, but we'll see what I can do in the a.m.

Here's another photo I took of the corn.



And this photo is for Lady Barbara. I call it "Still Life With Cadeaux"
Kate and I artfully (I think) arranged the very fun goodies that came in the box from L.B. and I couldn't help myself and added the beer bottle. FYI, the New Glarus "Totally Naked" beer is really good! I can only drink beer when it's hot and I've ridden about 50 miles, at least. Anyway, I'd done that and opened all the the pressies and couldn't help but play with them. Don't you love the little cow at the right? It's a lighter!! See here as Kate demonstrates:
We were practicing with the lighter. I can't wait to whip that lighter out at a party. "Oh, you need a light? Allow me!"

Whew...it was a long day. I should have noted that the reason I had time to take photos of cattle and corn this afternoon is because I got lost on my way to the barn. There's a lot of roads between Waterloo and Bristol that do not "go through." It took me an hour to ride to the barn and then another hour to ride home (after I'd worked Ozman).

Now I'm drinking some lovely Sicilian wine--couldn't be happier.
love and sweet dreams to all,
becx

3 comments:

Lady Barbara said...

Now listen, Bec and Lisa, I didn't send a lighter so you kids could burn everything in sight. I'll give you this advice - Never play with fire and always wear your galoshes in the rain. Love the still-life! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

10-4....galoshes and no burning random stuff. I'm using the cow lighter on the burn barrell though...

Lady Barbara said...

When you're not racing your horses around it, right?