Saturday, September 22, 2007

Barbara's Pony


One thing one does with a pony is take more photos of the pony! Let's hear it for digital cameras!!

Here's a photo of Little Red, now known as "Babara's Pony" or "Beep" (BP) for short.
She didn't want to get caught which is classic pony behavior so she'd walk 5' away, stop, turn, and look at you.


And Beep's baby, Rosie, was doing exactly what
the momma was doing. Here's Rosie in her version of the run and look:

You'll note that Rosie is looking back to see if anyone is still following her. We were.

I took Beep out side to trot her around. Cathy walked her a bit first and Cathy has the biggest heart of anyone I know. It's going to be hard for her to part with Little Red and she got a little teary about it. But she is keeping Rosie who is the spitting image of Red.




Here Cathy is leading Red with Rosie following.
Their hooves are sooooo cute and little!

If anyone reading has a nice, smaller horse to give away, let me know. Cathy bought her daughter a horse that turned out to have Cushings disease (fatal). The guy she bought it from knew the horse had the disease and sold it anyway and refuses to come good on it.

THere is a special place in hell for horsemen like the guy who'd knowingly profit off of a dying horse.

Well, on a happier note, Beep will have a good home here. The one thing she's not fond of doing is cantering. Perhaps she'll be on the "Sir Oscar Walk-Trot-and-Runforyourlife" exercise plan?

Stay tuned for that episode: And then there were horses...
ciao,
becx

8 comments:

Lady Barbara said...

OMAGOSH! IS MY PONY JUST TOO CUTE??????? It suddenly takes me back in time. That darn Santa failed me! When I think of all those years that I was "good" - at least for the three weeks before Christmas - yet he failed year after year to do exactly what Ms B just did for me! And what's with the birthday candle bit? Every darn year - whether I smoked or not - I got every single one of those suckers out in one big puff. My only wish? You got it! Year after year, even when the cake was fully ablaze as the years and the number of candles mounted, I asked, no I prayed, and I begged for one darn pony! Holy crumb, I could have saved my breath, and prayed for World Peace and asked Santa for jewelry or stocks. Now, thanks to Becca, I am at peace. Because of her, I got my wish, and my prayers have been answered, and I can go right back to being "bad". Isn't Beep the cutest thing you EVER saw? You tell Cathy this pony will be LOVED! I am knitting a blanket for her and matching socks for those teensie little hooves right now before that rugged Wisconsin winter
descends on La Bella Vita Farm. Thanks Becca - the MOST delightfully unpredictable and loving person I know.

Mooneybat said...

This is just giving me monstrous warm fuzzies. Before I just melt with affection for both of you, let me say, that is one cute, chubby widdle poney woney! I love the Beeper!

Lady Barbara said...

Awwwwww. Sara wuvs my widdle pony too. Sara must have been a vewy vewy good girl 'cause she alreddy got a horsie of her own. So, Sara, what was YOUR method? Did you say "star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, wish I may, wish I might, get the wish I wish tonight" - and wish harder than I did for a horsie? You must have done something really special to not have to wait for yours 'til you were too old to ride. But seriously, isn't Beep the cutest roly poly pony you ever laid eyes on? I cant wait to kiss her fuzzy muzzle!

Anonymous said...

I know Sara's method: pure brains, ability, and smartitude!! Same as Lady B and other fine athletes I know; they all have those traits.

But back to the pony. Yes, she is cute. I have managed to not get on ebay and look for pony carts (yet) but I reckon that's in the near future. How's a proper lady farmer to do errands? Why, I'll be taking my garbage to the transfer point by pony of course. Wearing a hat.

Speaking of hats, hat season approacheth...I can't wait.

toodles!
becx

Lady Barbara said...

I can see Sara's smartitude, all right! Think she'd come to play with us if I were to come visit my fuzzy wuzzy pony? I so enjoy quick wit and intelligent repartee and Sara would fit that bill to a tee......Hmmmmmm, Sara?

becx said...

ohmagosh, does Sara fit that bill....quick wit and repartee is her middle name. I keep saying to myself "I WISH Sara could meet Barbara-those two would hit it off."

Well, in due time!

And Sara, where the heck are you? Did you take monday off or what?

Lady Barbara said...

Yeah - Sara WHERE ARE YOU?

becx said...

i think Sara got swallowed up in her kitchen makeover. My entire family seems to be re-doing something: Brian (new kitchen); Sara (new kitchen); Jeanning (new house); me(barn). Seems like we always do this too...everyone for upheaval!!!