Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Giddyup, Amy!


That there is Miss Amy..who loves Oscar and he loves her right back. Amy is new to Madison and was looking for someone to play horse with and voila, thanks to Craig's list we hooked up! It's been great to watch her work with Oz and I've learned a lot. Here she is, about to take off for a morning spin about the fields. Oz is sporting some lovely blue threads, thanks to Amy's tack trunk.

He wasn't too happy about the camera, and kept flicking his ears around at the noise. Here's another cute photo of them just before they rode off into the field.
So it's been raining and raining and I've been slippign and sliding on the ice. Note the green path behind Oscar in the photo above. It looks green, but oooohhhhh no. Sneaky bits of ice lurk everywhere. This morning I hit the deck trying to unload 100 pounds of manure and the wheelbarrow slid and kicked back. I had poo all over me.

Needless to say, my coat is in the wash now and should be safe to wear sometime tomorrow.

Stay tuned for the next entry about Betty, the black truck. We hauled all sorts of furniture in it tonight and I'm tarred!
more soon,
becx

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should have mentioned Cathy is the one who found Amy; she sent me the link to Craig's list that Amy had posted. Thanks, Cathy. I hope you are holding up under all the chemo...stay strong.

Mooneybat said...

You big teaser!! Here is a picture of the gorgeous Mr. Oscar standing still. Let's get some action photos. Amy sits very pretty on a horse, I'll bet it's a pretty picture while they are underway.

We're going to get some nice snow cover tomorrow, I hear. Maybe that'll help with the slippiness. If not, I saw a nice cutter for sale in the local paper.

I wanna ride da pretty horsie!!

Perhaps the saddle should move back off the shoulder a couple of inches??

Anonymous said...

I had to go to work but they looked so good riding away. Amy sits on Oz like you do; real quiet and she's exactly my size so no need to even move the stirrups around!

Might be the angle of the photo that the saddle looks forward.

Yaa for more snow. anything to cover up the ice.

Mooneybat said...

So what's with new furniture? Yours or have you already been tapped to help someone move because you own a truck?

Anonymous said...

Ha! It's my furniture; bought a set of Eastlake bedroom in stellar condition and an iron bed. I was only going to get the iron bed but found the other set and it was a steal, so I got that too. You know me....when I decide to do something I usually don't wait long. Like, oh, 3 seconds??
kee hee

Anonymous said...

Hey, I got blog spammed! Time for adding security measures. Darn...was hoping to avoid that.

Mooneybat said...

I gave a last there on that site. I did not enjoy.

Lady Barbara said...

OK Bec -
Is my room ready? I have spent the last two weekends trying to sort out all my clothes from all the different places and from Dudley and all that. I cant part with my beautiful wool turtlenecks and I adore my Italian Hiking boots even if they ARE forty years old! They are just too hot for the tropics. And then I had a brainstorm! If I send a complete cold weather wardrobe will you fill a closet and a chest of drawers for me? Then when I come up (after you come down, of course) I would only have to bring makeup and a little cash.
I wish I were there.
I would kiss Oscar and Hug Sara and drive Black Betty. And I would tell funny stories to my Beeper.
OR you guys could come down here!
Yes?
Just leave the spammer out.
Jerk!
We dont like people who spam.
Miss you

Anonymous said...

Your room is almost ready! Still have to get that headboard up the stairs but Lindsay is moved in and I didn't want to get her in on all my shenanigans right off the bat, ya know?? Yesterday she helped me feed the chickens and the horses (in her Ugg boots..um, not good for a melty pasture).
My home laptop is el morte....I am on it long enough to download photos as I'm trying to save everything before it dies for good!

Lady Barbara said...

Just sent you my personal recipe for Road Kill Pot Roast. It's delicious if it dont kill ya! Should I bring the rest of my recipes when I come? I'll make it for you when you come down. Come down. Come down. Come down......