Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Chickuns Vote: Obama 08!

Here's Dumpling, hanging out in the coop with the American flag. The coop came with the flag and how could I not leave it hanging there? The barn came with an Abraham Lincoln and he's still in there as well. Best not to disturb history.

I took the day off of work to see what sort of chaos happened while I was at Trek World. My garden was awash in tomotoes and peppers, the horses were juggling and Cooper was driving the ATV. Not really, but the garden was quite dry.

So I weeded, mowed, and cleaned the barn today all of which was not good to my back. Then I rode Oscar (awesome!!) and figured I'd help the bone along a bit....stress it a little so it grows, ya know?

btw, the Olympics stinks. As I was watching the dressage competition I figured out the formula for network Olympic coverage:
Combine:
- 500 vicious, sales minded corporate ad pitchmen
- add 2 greedy, stuffed shirt network owners
- mix with several cable or dish networks and bake at 400 for 2 weeks

The recipe yields 2 weeks of terrible coverage of any event you are looking for, if you can find it.

I wonder how many 30 somethings built up their resume torturing the rest of us with this stoopid formula for Olympic coverage?

In other words, I'm disappointed in the treatment the Olympics gets these days. Good thing I have other things to keep me busy.
toodles!

6 comments:

Mooneybat said...

I'm with the chickens! I need a break from politics - I spend way too much time worrying about it. I should limit myself to an hour a day and no more! You wanna talk about bad Teevee comentary, follow the campaigns on the major networks - yeesh.

I'm having a resentful day at work. Vermiculture is looking better and better. So does septic tank maintenance. Do your wise chickens enjoy worms? Do they know anything about plumbing? Perhaps your left-leaning hens are a sign that my career is in need of redirection.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, I know this of which you speak. A pox on tv politics. It's all about ad sales. Politics is best digested in written form that way you don't have to look at endless commercials for various drugs and plastic news readers.

Vermiculture? Sounds good, as does septic tank maintenance. I could just see you driving that big ole tank!

Um, sounds like you need a bacation!!!

Anonymous said...

Confidential to Pete.....VOTE FOR OBAMA!!!

ScootsOnMoots said...

The coverage of the Olympics was merely skewed to cater to the masses and what they can relate to and understand. Let me put a couple parallels together:

Diving is what the northern Illinois folk equate to a weekend trip to the Dells where they terrorize the water parks.

Volleyball can be identified by those living the virtual life vacation via bi-annual trips to Rio.

Track brings viewers who are entranced by the fact someone can run that fast or that far, only because they themselves likely ran last on the way to the bathroom or because they saw a new batch of fries coming out of the oil at Ronalds House of Cholesterol.

Gymnastics I've not figured out yet, other than we would rather watch winners rather than losers. Personally, the stories of those that fought insurmountable odds to even get to the Olympics I find more compelling.

I wanted more BMX and cycling coverage but why broadcast stuff 95% of the people don't understand.

Anonymous said...

What about Water ballet??? You forgot water ballet?? I mean really, what a terribly interesting sport. I've often sat and wondered why wiggling ones toes above water line wasn't an Olympic sport. I'm so glad someone finally saw the sport in that.

And shouldn't you be "scootsonfish" now that you ride a 2-9er????

PEST said...

Oh sure, and like you would expect me to just follow your lead after our impassioned discussion! No problem! :-)