Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mr .& Mrs. Liggett Visit the Farm


It's not everyday that you get the "voice of cycling" dropping by your farm but today was a special occasion. It's the Bike Federation of Wisconsin's annual Gala and Phil Liggett is here to speak, all the way from his home base in the U.K. He traveled with his wife, Patricia and they are amazing, lovely people. We spent an hour grazing the horses on the lawn. They met Joe and got a tour of La Bella Vita. Tricia is a great photographer and she took lots of photos of the horses, the landscape and the outbuildings. Aside from taking photos, Tricia is an outstanding evaluator of human musculature movement. She's spent a lifetime observing and correcting posture and has done wonders to correct people's posture on a bike. I think my spring project will be getting Tricia back to the states for a seminar. She's super fit and you can tell she has a dancer's physique; she's light and powerful. What wonderful people they are.

Here she is, getting a photo of Oscar's blue eyes.
It was fun having them here and I sent them home with Dairyland jerseys and some cowirl coffee.

I took them back to their hotel and now have to do a costume change and head back downtown for the party tonight. My best date for VIP occasions, my wonderful brother, Brian, is on deck to assist tonight. I think the last time Brian was my date we went to the Mayor's inaguration party but first, Brian had to put a new battery in my car. We were all dressed and ready to go only to find my car battery had died. We zipped over to Farm and Fleet, got a battery and Brian installed it and off to the party we went. Hopefully Brian will get to enjoy himself this time w/o any surprises.

Tally ho for now,
b

5 comments:

ScootsOnMoots said...

I'll trade you. You can have my new trainee, the Chosen One, and I'll take Phil and Patricia.

Mooneybat said...

Wow. Famous people petting your horses. Kewl. How was the big party and whatever did you wear?

Anonymous said...

can I put "the chosen on" on a lead rope and tie him to a post in the barn yard? Oh wait, he's not a horse.

The party was fuuuun! Brian was the perfect date; he didn't mind helping at all and we made a good team. I wore my nehru coat with a newsboy cap....I didn't have time to wash my hair so did the next best thing: hat! funny how people think you look so chic and meanwhile, I'm thinking "dang, if only they knew I probably have hay in my hair."

hee hee.

Brian Anderson said...

Beqx:
My last attempt to comment flopped. But, thanks very much for the party invite. What a blast! I loved my schwag bag, the hors d'oeuvres and conversation. Terrific event.
Ha! I had forgotten about changing your car battery before the Mayor Dave event.
Funny--i met a friend from when I lived in Milwaukee. We talked recumbent bikes and might get together to ride them some time.
Anyway, I think everyone there had a spectacular time. Can I get another invite to this next year?

Anonymous said...

You are welcome, brother! It was great having you and consider yourself invited next year. Glad you found a recumbant dude--that's what's nice about that event. Everyone rides!