Monday, October 8, 2007

The Perfect Weekend?

It might be hard to see here in this photo, but it's sunrise over the arena. Oscar got a workout there on Friday night and he went very well for me. Beep, for her part, rolled on her back and ran around all happy. I think she was taunting Oz but I'm not sure and to his credit, he ignored her and kept his mind on his work. He learned how to do a half pass and a turn on the forehand and he did them well too!


I had a few visitors to the farm over the weekend, most notably my nephew, young Master Simon. I'm still waiting for those photos to get sent over 'cause there are some cute ones of Simon on the pony.

Beep got a nice walk under Simon on Saturday and again on Sunday with Antonia, the daughter of a friend of mine, Rita. Here is Antonia and Oscar. Oscar knows she has a carrot in her hand and he's more-or-less politely asking for it.


Beep seemed to like getting exercise and attention too. Here's a photo of Oscar and Beep eating some well earned hay last night.
And that's about it for tonight; my satellite dish must be overloaded 'cause it's taking too long to upload these photos!
enjoy..more soon,
b

5 comments:

Mooneybat said...

OK so here's the deal. Mike is going to Chicago this weekend and I get some quality time with my boy and my horse. Perhaps we swing by your place on Sunday, frolic in the unsullied sand of your new arena, see this phabulous turn on the forehand, meet the charming Miss Beep and imbibe
the sweetness of autumn, sisterhood and moderately priced red wine.

Lady Barbara said...

Oh Sara!
The red wine, freedom just to BE, and seeing the Beeper! I am SO envious!
But we are expecting a cold front down here any minute - finally going down to eighty-seven during the day this weekend! Whew! That's the sweetness of Autumn in Florida. I'll happily share the fine temperatures AND the moderately priced wine a bit later in the season, if you prefer. The invitation stands. Wait till the snow flies up there; you'll see!

becx said...

Sara,Sunday would be fine! Hurry up and get here.

And we'll haev a toast to the moderate temps and moderately priced wine.

Speaking of which, no more Pepperwood Pinot Noir..I could not sleep after I had a glass of that stuff. Yipers...might use that instead of coffee some day!

ScootsOnMoots said...

Drinking....before work (re: wine instead of coffee)? I don't think I have to remind you of the consequences of drinking and riding your bike (assuming you are still riding to the office) but if I do, let me know how I can send you the x-rays from my monday visit with the orthoped.

Mooneybat said...

Oscar does NOT look fat!