Monday, June 23, 2008

Entering week 4 of Kitchen Remodel

Here's the new patio door off the southwest corner of the house. It's got a great view of the side yard and alfalfa fields beyond. The kitchen remodel is moving into a week of installation and prep for some electrical work. We've discovered a whole lot of shady wiring in this place. Quel surprise.

On the weather front it rained hard yesterday but I was ok with it. I've decided to make the pond a permanent feature. I'm researching pond liners and will have a jolly good koy farm.

The arena was just starting to dry out when it rained yesterday. The ground is just so saturated with water than even a "normal" downpour now causes problems.

On the flooding note, I drove to Grafton, a town about 60 miles east of here on Lake Michigan on Saturday for a bike race. The team was here for that race so I suited up. (we won). There were 2 detours because bridges were out or dams had failed. So strange to live in an area that was so devasted by Mother Nature.

Not much else to report. It's officially summer and the mosquitos are plentiful. Where is my bat colony when I need it???
b

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister Sara still needs to rhyme something with Zinfandel. QUICK! I thought of infidel but it didnt quite work. Actually, the corner pictured herein is slated to be a - what do you guess? - Of course, a WINE rack counter to ceiling! (If there are any bottles left to stack after this job, of course.) OUR drinking is all about celebration! No stress here! (Except maybe when the old wiring let go and I had to use a flashlight for my nightly trip to the loo.) But all really goes quite well for now. At least, we are moving FORWARD!

becx said...

Infidels unite!!!

Mooneybat said...

Sounds infidelicious!

Anonymous said...

Now quit talking about wine!! Barbara, we're going dry tonight. Seriously.


Having said that the wine made the manure shoveling last night more enjoyable.

Let's have some cabernet tonight!

Anonymous said...

You can have the wine, Bec - for poop patrol or otherwise. I have suddenly discovered the simple pleasure of New Glarus Brewery "Spotted Cow" - you just cant get much more country than that! Wine rack in the kitchen? What kitchen!
You can just keep the Cabernet in the cabinet. The Chardonnay in the Chardon. The pinot - oh whoops!
Never mind...

becx said...

I'm cutting you off from New Glarus beer. No more spotted cow for you.
We're switching to New Glarus Bare Naked next!!

Anonymous said...

Bare WHAT?
Omagosh! Now, how did I miss THAT in the cooler?!
Yeah - I'll try it.
Better than getting cut off altogether!
And I believe it enhances my creativity. Dont you agree?

Anonymous said...

Absolutely to beer enhancing creativity. Man has been using hops for centuries to increase the activity in the right half of the brain. Or is it the left? No, it's the right. Coffee enhances the left...

Mooneybat said...

Oh my achin' amygdala! Get me some crystal meth, stat!

You know what I really like after a strenuous summer activity like unloading a wagon of hay or shoeing a horse or installing a wine rack? A really good weiss beer with a slice of lemon in it mmmmmmmmm. I do believe New Glarus makes a fine weiess. It enhances creativity as well as your good looks.

Anonymous said...

Amygdala?? Did you make that up? I'm going to consult my dictionary (um, Brian).