Friday, June 27, 2008

Looky Who I Found This Morning

I got up this morning all excited to go see the arena and I happened to notice something moving around in Jeannine's car. Turns out it was Neen herself!! She heard me come out and was sitting up in the car, waving like she always slept in my driveway.

The obvious question was "wha???" I opened the door and we started laughing, partly because she was trying to explain what happened and partly because Cooper jumped in the car and was wiggling around in her pile of clothes.

Turns out her flight from NY was delayed so she didn't get in until late and was tired of traveling but my door was locked. Being the good camper and not wanting to wake me up she crawled in the car and snoozed until I woke her up.

I made her some coffee and we walked to the arena. Here's a shot of Neener next to the arena. She's not posing--she was madly flapping her arms at mosquitos.



I worked hard this week to finish off the arena. Last night me, Barbara and the neighbors (Joe, Diana, Mike) laid down the weed barrier on the arena. We were about 60' short. Doh. The sand isn't arriving until Monday afternoon so I'll make a run for the last 60' I need.

Here's how it looks with the sun coming up. The thumb in the photo is for size reference. bahaha.
We got chased inside by the mosquitos so Neen showed me her photos from Philadelphia and NY. Here she is on the couch with Cooper and Gabby who immediately sat next to her and starting play fighting.

I'm sooo happy to have the arena so close to being done. If it doesn't pour buckets in the next few days I'll have a finished arena on Monday afternoon. Time to get the flower pots ready for the entrance!

toodles.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMAGOSH!
Here's pictures of a BIG party going on right outside my bedroom door and I slept through the WHOLE THING!
Welcome back, Neen - I would have opened the door for you had you just knocked. Or shot you as an intruder - one or the other. But those are the chances you take in the country. Hope you had a great trip - you don't look any worse for the wear.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't hear us giggling in the living room, or outside!!

Anonymous said...

Nope - not a peep. You seem to have missed that (unlike SOME) I work HARD all day and once I hit the bed I'm GONE I heard nuttin. I cudda slept til noon! or partied with you. Sad that you didnt invite me seeign you were chattering right by my pillow.

Mooneybat said...

Too funny!

5:00 am is pretty darned early - especially after a long day remodling! I could see where I'd dream I was at a teenager's slumber party listening to those two giggling at dawn! As for sleeping in the car...that's more college memories - hoo!. I'll bet the coffee was delicious that morning.

How goes the kitchen, Barbara? How goes the arena, Beck?

Kate said...

Hey Becx! the kitchen looks great... I can't wait to eat pasta and broccc and drink some wine in your new room!

xoxo--- Kate

Anonymous said...

Katie Kat! You will LOVE this wine lovers kitchen. Wait'll you see the wine rack.

Sara, you need to see it too, and the arena. Barabara is eating pnut butter bread and so am I. I sold the old stove today so it's either grilling or peanut butter. YUM, my favorite food group.

Anonymous said...

yeah, no stove. BUT - The wine rack is FINISHED!
We have our priorities straight around here, ya know. And the gorgeous white farmer's sink came today. And we have the bronze faucet in hand. Just need a drain and we're good to go.
Is this fun or WHAT? And now to finish lunch. Wish you were all here.
Ta- chink!

Anonymous said...

Halloo mes amies! It's Beer Tuesday here at Trek. Wish you were here.

Mooneybat said...

I wish I were with you all as well. Waaaaa!