Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Around the Farm


I took my camera out on the rounds yesterday just to chronicle a typical day at Sunny Hill.

A day starts with a cup or two of coffee. Here I had just gotten up from the laptop to make another cup and came back to find you-know-who in my chair. You just know he's saying "move your feet lose your seat, sucka!"


Before I go outside I wanted to post a pic of Barbara working on the panel murals. These are going in the cabinets under the tv and the four panels together tell the Sunny Hill story. Here she is working on the right hand panel, and Willow is going over a stone wall with Lady B riding side saddle. Too cool! She's doing them in a primitive style but each animal looks like the real one. Stay tuned for the completed photo.

So after I've had a cup or two of coffee I head over to the barn.

We had more rain last week and since the water table is about 2cm below the surface it doesn't take much for the pond to return. Sigh....just a week ago I was mowing this area then we got 2" of rain last Friday.

alrighty, I was going to post photos of the inside of the barn but my satellite is on a sabbatical and won't let me upload any more pics. Will try again tomorrow.
toodles.
b

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, way-da-minit!
How can the lady B suddenly manage riding "astride" with her bad hip? Final version has her perched decidedly side-saddle on her fine steed, the lovely Sunny Hill Willow. Ta dah!
Now Miss Becca - SHE is astride and upright as a Prussian soldier in the perfect dressage position.
work should never be so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Oops!! I fixed it..you are now riding side saddle. And quit having so much fun at work. ;)

Anonymous said...

Not only FUN, but what other self-aggrandizing designer do you know who gets to document her presence on the project in such a blatant manner! Not even Frank Lloyd Wright stuck his own portrait over the mantle in Falling water or Robie House. What audacity!

Anonymous said...

That's not audacity---FLW was good, but let's not forget that his furniture was NOT comfortable. I've been to Taliesen...I can tell you that it's pretty but no way would I sit on it.

And your depiction of Sunny Hill is fabulouso! Bravo. I'm in awe...and I love it!

And I'm really bummed you can't drink wine right now. It's so much more fun to share a bottle with you. Um. We need Sara here. For about a week. How 'bout I go to Newell Creek farm and Sara comes here? I can whip Mike into shape and Sara can get a break.
Humm. Uh...inside thought...

Mooneybat said...

Funny you should say that on a day like today. Mike needs a good whuppin' today. And Jimmy needs to get into shape - he is wuuuun chunky monkey!

I'll be comin' round the mountain one of these days. You two can't keep having ALL the fun!3

Anonymous said...

oh no, chunky horse? Bring him out--Oscar will have him slederized in a couple of weeks!