Saturday, August 2, 2008

Progress report!


Here's Spidey cat, checking out the new sink, wondering why her watering fountain isn't turning on. Being that she's 13 she only drinks running water, preferably out of the sink.

Isn't it cute? It's a lovely, deep sink with a bronze faucet with a sprayer. And that white thing to the left of the sink is my dishwasher. Ahhhhh.....happy happy.

And here is the opposite wall (to the left of the new sliding door) with my eating area. I have the sweetest table that comes out of the wall if I need it to, and tons of book and storage space.

Right now the shelves are full of books and tools, but soon they will be full of objay darts!

The whole room looks spectacular, even not painted. When it's painted I'll have a party to celebrate Barbara's amazing work. There's no doubt in my mind that it pays to have an NCIDQ designer design your kitchen. There are far too many amateurs out there who will slap cabinets on a wall with no regard to lighting, funtionality, problem solving and how it all relates to the rest of the house.

My favorite part about the kitchen? When you walk in its like looking at a great painting. And it absolutely fits with the rest of the house. In other words, it looks like it's always been here, not some modern soho kitchen in an antique house.

So this morning I was out in the barn and heard the unmistakeable "whoomph" of a hot air balloon getting a shot of hot air. I got my camera but it was well over the back field before I got a photo. The speck in the photo is the balloon. Really.

Finally, I have to show the panels that are in my living room. Barbara did a primitive scene of Sunny Hill in 4 panels. Cooper is chasing a chipmunk up a tree. Gabby is running full tilt across the lawn. I'm riding Oscar and Barbara is on Willow.

Oh darn...blooger won't let me post any more photos. I must have hit my max number of uploads for the day. So stay tuned for a photo of the panels. xoxoxo becx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute. real cute!
This is the dreaded evidence of a scene your designer was loathe to see - kitty footprints in the fresh stain. Whose company motto is "Fun and Flexible", Becca? I may share that sentiment early on but not when it pertains to final finises for SURE - unless you would find an overall pattern of multi-colored kitty footprints amusing. In that case you will hold her and I will dip her teensie little paws in paint and place them carefully where the effect is needed.
Until then - there will be a door on the kitchen as of today and NO ADMITTANCE!
Love you and all your creatures anyway.
Gotta go - another working weekend for me. No baloon rides. No horsie treks. just work, work, work.
;-)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your new kitchen in person!

Pa

Anonymous said...

Hey Rod! So come on DOWN! I'd like to see your reaction to the panels - even if your face isn't perched upon a horse or peering back from one of the farmhouse windows....its about artistic license, you know. The hand that holds the brush rules the world!