Sunday, November 11, 2007

Farm Cross!

So we had a little race at the farm yesterday. Here's a photo of some of the riders getting assembled. The race went around my farm and through the "pit" and then the barn. It was hard and very fun. The spectators were cheering every lap with cowbells and timely beer handups. Post race 20 of us trooped into the house for chili and beer and recapping of the race. We're already talking about Farm Cross 08.

To top it off, me and a few of the women went to feed the animals and they got out which resulted in a hilarious 40 minute chase around the alfalfa field for Beep. Oscar was easy to catch but Beep?? Oh no...I had to do 14 sprints to keep her from heading for the back 40 and it was Natasha who managed to get her, with some help from the neighbor's spotlight. We all gave Beep a new nickname: beep the little sh^*

But, all was well and the horses got fed and I fell asleep about 7pm, in a chair. I got up very refreshed and seeing as it's my birthday, that means two things: many calls from family with offkey versions of Happy Birthday and, cake for breakfest! Woo hoo! 44 here I come.
b
PS: Here's a cool photo I took on Friday morning, after a hard frost.

Publish Post

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well....Happy B day to you Becx!!! We could have had you doing bday shots at Hollender last Sat if had known.
Looks like we are taking on the #44 together...Lets make it the best one yet eh?
Eck

becx said...

hi Dave,
Sounds most excellent--I'll take you up on that Hollendar deal..especially if I can pound some nails.

Did you survive Iceman? Must have if you are writing!!

Lady Barbara said...

We did NOT sing off-key

Mooneybat said...

My stunning, yet classic rendition of "Hippo, Birdie, Two Ewes" was done in an avant garde, atonal vibrato that must have been sullied by your voice mail system. Please have it corrected by your next birthday.

becx said...

Is that was that was? I described it to Jeannine as something like R&B infused with rap/rock.

That said, her version was full on blues with a bit of Elvis.

Ah yes, the birthday song sung by Andersons. Doesn't get any better than that!