Friday, November 16, 2007

Put Another Log on the Fire

Seeing as I have nothing interesting to report today, I'll post a photo. This was taken last week, just after I'd mowed up the maple leaves. It's a morning shot of the back yard, looking southeast.

Geesh, it's gotten cold round these parts. I rode to work today and I was dressed just fine so didn't feel the chill. The light reflecting on the farms and fields was amazing; there is something about the cold air and the light that make for unusual tones. I'm glad I get to see it because in a car I'd see very little.

Advertisement coming: Go by bike.

Alright, enough advertising. Back to life on the farm. Seeing as I was in Boulder M-W I have little to report. Marsala (sick chicken) is doing better although she's not out of the woods yet. More cottage cheese and garlic for her tomorrow. Oz and Beep are in good form. I took them both out last night for a walkabout the farm. I think Oscar deliberately did a detour into a field so Beep could grab a bit to eat. He does that now and then...just decides he wants to go this or thataway. It's good practice for a collected circle but all the same I think it's a conspiracy.

I've got a cold cat in my lap and dang, cat feet can get chily. Note to self: buy a small heating pad for Spider. She's a skinny cat and is always trying to steal my heat. I think I could plug in a heating pad on Gabby's bed and rid myself of velcro-cat.

Here's to a pleasant and sunny weekend. Cathy, all the best to you and your family. Rosie the pony comes to La Bella Vita tomorrow afternoon. Oh boy. Another test of my fences!
cheerios,
b

3 comments:

Lady Barbara said...

Love to be a fly on the wall when Rosie gets there. Will she remember her mama? Will Oscar have to herd her all over? Wlll she figure the latches and dive into the alfalfa field? At least I wont get blamed for THIS one! even if she too turns out to be a "little s__t" like you called her mother. Post pony pics PLEASE!

Unknown said...

Oh Rosie!...Please take photos! And if you ever get sick of Red's antics I will buy her back IMMEDIATELY!!! We will be in Madison from 1-4, I wonder if a trip North could be arranged immediately after...R, Can I call? And please tell me if that trainer gal got back with you. Happy Turkey day everyone!
Cathy

becx said...

Pony is here!! I will get some photos now, but it's dark out. She got a little exercise courtesy of Beep and for his part, Oscar was just excited and ran around like a nut. Photos coming!