Friday, May 23, 2008

Farm News


It's a whopping 46 degrees. Every morning when the sun comes up I get to see the light hitting my pole shed (aka garage). I really like looking at the shadow of the tree on the side of the building. I'm not sure why, but I like it.

It's a been another silly week but thank goodness for the Agri-View. That's the farm paper that comes out on Thursday. In this week's edition I learned:

"Rectal Live-Animal Scrapie Test Approved by USDA"

Sara, did you get that?? Now you can test your sheep for scrapie w/o using third eyelid biopsy.

On top of the new Scrapie tests, the retail demand for cattle is steady. Good to know.

Oh, and I mowed the lawn.

I'll leave you a photo of Mr. Oscar with Amy aboard. He's going great.



Toodles for now.
b

2 comments:

Lady Barbara said...

Well, thank GOODNESS for rectal tests so you can leave those third eyes alone!
And isn't Oscar looking FINE!
I envy you guys your life on the farm. Beats a penthouse in noisy old Milano any day! So, I'm nearly on my way up to grab a great big swig of that fresh country air. Laundry to finish. Paperwork to complete - or throw into a big brown bag. Tools to load. Hugs to bring! I'm SO excited!

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted a Mini Cooper--maybe we'll have to have him over for a sleepover. I like the game of keep away and so does our yellow dog.